My Photo
Name:
Location: India

I claim Nothing here ..read at your own risk!!!!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

All the way..............in your steps.



Ever since he flew to a different land, a "Tring Tring" was all I wanted to hear...
I would run and pick the receiver only to know that its not him and see a teasing smile from Achan and Amma...Achan never scolded for any of my acts ...Amma did at times..."that kids only job is not to make calls to you" she often said...I pretended I did not hear that....
The day after he left was the first time I waited so desperately looking at the phone, Please call...please call...I kept looking at the phone every other second ....why doesn’t it ring........ Why is the phone not ringing........ “How long is the flight usually Acha? …
It’s been almost 23 hours now…has he not reached yet?” that was the 6th time I asked Achan the same thing and he just did not reply this time……

One thousand times I picked up the receiver and checked for the dial tone, no,its not dead, then why…I was almost in tears…….its been almost 3 hrs since I started sitting next to the phone..

Amma passed by several times and called me for breakfast, I just did not want to move …did he forget to call me and say that he reached safe…should I call his parents and check....I started dialing 515.............no I wont…what if he is trying to reach and it's engaged…..I had already created a scene at the airport, I didn’t want to put myself in a stupid situation again....

Amma had told me 1000 time’s not to go to send him off, ……I left to the airport assuring Amma that I wont breakdown... But when I saw him walking towards the gate, it hit me hard that everything is going change from now on...
"All those little nothings that was between us would go away..
No more crazy travel plans,
No more bullying each other,
No more tears one second and laughter the next second
No more hour long talks on phone
No more teasing each other
No more Fights for nothing
No more seeing heaven even when we were blind in hell"

“What would I do without you my friend….??? “ and tears rolled down uncontrollably

Minutes flew and then finally the phone rang, and I picked it up before even it rang a full ring.

"Hello.....
"Hey Preeths................Flight was delayed re…………………………………............"
"so what are you up to there?"......."Tell him to collect my books and give it to my brother!" "give her my cards", "don’t forget to mail his number", "mail me" .."Inform the rest of the gang" ……."and note my number" "take care soda buddi"...and then he dropped the call…………….

I couldn’t stop sobbing after I kept the receiver ……………I did not want to cry ….why am I so sad?…………he did cal !!!………….now why am I sad?…………..I wept……..not knowing why…………….

Achan came and sat next to me and put his arms around me ..I was Dad’s little girl again…… A 20 year old me felt like a 5 year old that day ……………I rested my head on Achan’s shoulders and listened to what he was saying as I sobbed...





“Your friend has left to a different country to make a better person out of him. To make it big...you should be happy about it and not sad... People come into your life and walk away, but all the good memories stay back, Relish the past and live the day..."
Achan has always been good at consoling me, he knew exactly what to tell me …..Always………………I wonder what I would have done without you Acha………….your voice is always the whisper to me that says “I will have to move on...life does not stop .....”

4 Comments:

Blogger Leo in trouble said...

hmmm.... i guess i am getting a feel of what a girl feels like... so this is where it all started to slide... eh?? I have always believed that everything happens for good.... does it hold good for you??

2:29 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Preetha Nair said...

No....thats not where it slid...:)

9:45 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just cant imagine u as this li'l girl :-) Atleast u pretend to be a bit more mature! ... and i wish every girl had a dad like this .. who can be cool even after seeing thro' his daughter and still calling her 'friend' a friend. Hmmm ... sounds too utopian. May be a 'fiance' or 'newly wed hubby' may have fit better and sounded realistic.

-sandeep

12:47 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder how I missed this one......
This was definetly you...wanst it.???

I know exactly how it feels to wait for a trign tring

JK

6:06 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home